1 pkg cheese tortellini
1 Tbs butter
2 chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
Parmesan cheese for topping
1 Tbs butter
1 Tbs flour
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
3/4 cup milk or whipping cream (richer)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 block cream cheese, softened
1 Tbs lemon juice (or more to taste)
1. Cook tortellini in boiling salted water according to package directions, drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, on medium heat melt butter in skillet. Add chicken and mushrooms, and cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and mushrooms are tender. Remove from skillet leaving behind any excess liquid.
3. In medium pot melt butter on medium heat. Add flour and stir till it bubbles. Whisk in chicken broth, pepper and garlic salt till it thickens. Next add the cream or milk, garlic and cream cheese and whisk till combined. Add lemon juice to your taste.
4. Chop jalapeño and toss all ingredients together with sauce to coat.
4. Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Stir mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Make ahead, cover and chill up to 24 hours. Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven about 55 minutes or until hot.