Southern Cornbread Casserole

I was out and about 9 hours today with the girls so tonight I needed something easy for dinner. Tristan has been asking me to make corn casserole but I was too lazy to make something to go with it for protein. I looked in my freezer and threw in some sausage! Voila! The most magnificent taste was born! This was delish! And did I mention SUPER easy? It has a little kick to it that I love!
 
 
1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
1 egg
1/2 can creamed corn
1/2 can chopped green chilies (3.5 oz.)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb. roll mild pork sausage
 
 
 
 
Directions:
1. Disregard all directions on cornbread box.
2. Brown sausage in pan over medium heat. Drain excess liquid.
3. Mix together cornbread mix, egg, creamed corn, green chilies, and cheese. Add sausage and mix.
4. Bake in a casserole dish at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment